The Central Goldfields Shire Parks and Gardens team have been busy with a number of improvement works across the municipality.
Central Goldfields Shire Chair of Administrators Noel Harvey said the package of works was part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring our open spaces are well presented.
“Our Parks and Gardens team do a wonderful job of making sure our sporting ovals are kept in great shape.
“They also continue to care for and maintain our trees and keep our streetscapes looking fantastic.”
Recent projects include:
- The garden beds at the entry to the Maryborough Leisure Centre have been given a fresh new look. Our Parks and Gardens team have revamped the area with new, hardy plants to improve the overall aesthetics of the precinct.
- The Princes Park and Jubilee ovals have been aerated, top dressed and fertilised by our Parks and Gardens team as part of our annual maintenance program.
- Princes Park, Jubilee, Hedges and Carisbrook ovals have also been treated for fairy ring fungus, black beetle and couch mite.
- Our ongoing street tree watering program is well underway across the Shire.
- Tree pruning is in progress in Dunolly. The tree maintenance program of works will improve pedestrian access and visibility.
- The irrigation system at Coronation Park is also in the process of being re-activated. This will mean this key entry point into Maryborough can be watered which will greatly improve the aesthetics of the area.