Central Goldfields Shire will deliver $4.4 million in transport based capital works projects across the municipality during the 2017/18 financial year.
Central Goldfield Shire Mayor Cr Geoff Lovett said the expenditure reflects the Central Goldfields Shire Council commitment to improving and building new infrastructure for our community.
“The program of works includes improvements to road infrastructure, footpaths, signage and furniture renewal.
“It’s important for us to deliver a program of works that maintains the assets that we have whilst delivering new infrastructure for our community to enjoy.”
The following projects have been funded for as part of Central Goldfields Shire Budget 2017/18:
- Kennedy Street pavement rehabilitation and kerb works - $60,000
- Drive In Court / Wilson Street – Park Road to Ross Street - $180,000
- Inkerman Street – Palmerston Street to Barkly Street - $150,000
- Majorca Road – Renewal/upgrade – Stage 2 – Loch Street to Nelson Street - $550,000
- Queen Street renewal/ upgrade – Smith Street to Birch Street - $70,000
- Luke Court Renewal/Upgrade - $75,000
- Baringhup Road – rehabilitation - $250,000
- Sealed road shoulder renewal - $50,000
- Unsealed roads renewal – rural and urban - $241,000
- Resealing renewal program - $775,000
- Drainage renewal - $180,000
- Furniture renewal – seats, garbage bins and bollards - $69,000
- Street signs – new and renewal - $62,000
- Kerb and channel renewal - $110,000
- Stuart Mill Road, Dunolly – Archdale Road Y intersection - $120,000
- Railway Street / Gillies Street Y intersection - $230,000
- Timor Bromley Road / Dunolly Timor Rd Y Intersection - $30,000
- Bet Bet Creek Road Bridge Replacement - $185,738
- Tullaroop Road / Chaplins Road intersection - Part Road to market - $600,000
- Kerb and channel – new and upgraded - $18,000
- Footpaths – new and renewal - $113,800 and includes new footpath in Ballarat Street, Talbot and Scotts Street, Maryborough.