On 11 October, 2016 the Minister for Local Government appointed Mr Bill Jaboor to be a municipal monitor to monitor the Central Goldfields Shire Council’s governance processes and practices in accordance with the following Terms of Reference (The period of appointment is from 11 October, 2016 to 31 December, 2016).
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE MUNICIPAL MONITOR APPOINTED UNDER SECTION 223CA OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1989 TO MONITOR GOVERNANCE PROCESSES AT CENTRAL GOLDFIELDS SHIRE COUNCIL
The municipal monitor is:
- To monitor and review the Central Goldfields Shire Council’s governance processes and practices.
- To support and provide assistance to the staff of the Central Goldfields Shire Council regarding ongoing implementation of the council’s administrative functions and responsibilities during the current Local Government Investigations and Compliance Inspectorate investigation.
- To promote continuing sound administration and good governance by the Central Goldfields Shire Council during the period of appointment.
- To review and provide advice to the council and to the Minister for Local Government on any improvements to Council governance processes and practices.
- To report regularly to the Minister for Local Government on the ongoing administration and good governance of the Council during the period of appointment.
Click here to contact Mr Jaboor by email.