How Rural Access works:
Rural Access assists the community to include people with disabilities and their families by helping in the following six areas:
- Helping people and organizations to work together more effectively
- Improving community understanding about the needs and aspirations of people with disabilities through community education and awareness raising
- Developing and implementing projects which respond to needs and community priorities
- Ensuring that the needs of people with disabilities are the focus of community planning
- Supporting service providers to assist people with a disability to live the sort of life they choose
- Developing easy ways for people to access the information they need about services, community activities and issues
Rural Access Community Meetings are held monthly on the third Tuesday at 10am at ASTERIA Services, Christian Street, Maryborough.
Current works in progress is the compiling of a directory of disability friendly facilities. Works on the accommodation section is progressing. Maryborough, Carisbrook, Talbot, and Majorca are completed. Dunolly is in progress.